Friday, February 23, 2007


If I really got inspired, I'll bet I could hunt through my old Kodachromes and find one showing this building 30 years ago (yep - I've lived here that long), and it would look exactly the same as it does now. Who lives here? The blinds on the front doors have never, ever been open.

Meanwhile, at the Vancouver Art Gallery, if you live in town, you've got to go see (as do I) the exhibition of Fred Herzog's photographs of Vancouver over the past 50 years. Not because they're marvelous historical documents, but because they're darn fine photographs. They were all, as far as I know, shot on 35 mm Kodachrome. If you don't live in town, here's a sample. Or, if you've got some spare cash laying around, you could go here and actually buy a print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home